"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-- Benjamin Franklin.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Hefty penalty for losing old IC

The Straits Times; Published on Nov 8, 2011
Hefty penalty for losing old IC
I WAS recently involved in an identity card (IC) re-registration exercise. Unfortunately, my wallet, which contained my old IC, was stolen while my new one was being processed.

So instead of paying the original $10, I was told to pay $60 because I could not produce my old IC, even though I had a police report to back up my explanation.
Why does the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority have to levy this additional fee, since administratively, there is no difference to the process?
Alex Chan
Copyright © 2011 Singapore Press H
http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/OnlineStory/STIStory_731423.html#comment-358177457
===================

No comments:

Post a Comment