"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-- Benjamin Franklin.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Multi-property owner speaks up

The Straits Times, Published on Jan 5, 2012
Multi-property owner speaks up
I AM put off by the latest round of cooling measures ('Property curbs could hurt economy: Redas'; Dec 28).
I am a Singaporean and own three private properties. I studied hard. I work hard. I employ Singaporeans and contribute to the economy. I pay annual taxes that amount to what some earn in a year.

To me, meritocracy works - and counts, and there are no short cuts: You work hard, you make money and you pay your dues. But now, I am told that as a native Singaporean who has run the gauntlet of our much vaunted meritocracy, I must be penalised further by that very same system because I invested my hard-earned rewards in more than one local property.
This is enough to drive me from the country I grew up in and in which I am still contributing, to think the better of investing here and invest in a property in another country that does not discriminate against high-income earners.
Does my money count? Do I count?
Tan Cheng Hock
http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Story/STIStory_751908.html
====================
Discussed at:
CNA:
06Jan2012: Hahaha.. *censored**censored**censored**censored**censored* *censored* property owner repenting now..

No comments:

Post a Comment