"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-- Benjamin Franklin.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Appalled by clinic's charges

The Straits Times; Published on Dec 04, 2012
Appalled by clinic's charges
RECENTLY, I fell and suffered a small cut at the arch of my foot. The wound was promptly dressed, but there was still some bleeding the next day.
My grandparents noticed and insisted I consult a doctor. They brought me to Peach Family Clinic in Ang Mo Kio where one Dr Wong was on duty. He looked at the wound and said that my mum had done a good job cleaning it and that I need not have consulted him. He proceeded to treat it anyway, applying antiseptic and redressing the wound with a plaster. I was in and out of the clinic in five minutes.
But the bill surprised me: $20 for the consultation, $20 for the procedure and $7.29 for medication and GST - totalling $47.29. I was appalled.
Cheryl Ng (Ms)
http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/forum-letters/story/appalled-clinics-charges-20121204
============
At:
HWZ:
05Dec2012: It's final - SMA's medical fee guidelines anti-competitive

No comments:

Post a Comment