"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-- Benjamin Franklin.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Saved again by SCDF paramedics

Saved again by SCDF paramedics
Letter from Gerald Yong 05:05 AM Mar 26, 2011
I am proud to have witnessed the Singapore Civil Defence Force grow from strength to strength. I wish to pay my compliments especially to the paramedics.

I have been saved by SCDF paramedics on a few occasions, and the response time has been getting quicker and quicker. My most recent rescue was where I had an accident in my car along the Pan-Island Expressway near the Aljunied West flyover. Despite a massive jam, the ambulance did not fail me. It arrived quickly and the paramedics showed me real concern and brought me to hospital. I wish to extend my sincere gratitude to Sergeant George and the team from the Paya Lebar Fire Station. A job well done, SCDF, and a big thank you.
(This letter is only available online.)
http://www.todayonline.com/Voices/EDC110326-0000079/Saved-again-by-SCDF-paramedics

My reply:
The way this letter is written make me think that this G Yong guy is very accident prone. He shouldn't cultivate dependency on the SCDF but live in a more safe manner and avoid creating 'massive jam' etc.

One fine day, the ambulance might fail you.

Like LKY says: "No amount of engineering can prevent flooding", so 
"no amount of healthcare can save a crash dummy" 

Drive carefully and be nice to others.

Rgds
B.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment