"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-- Benjamin Franklin.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

MediShield burden: 'I suggest a feature similar to the no-claims discount in motor insurance.'

The Straits Times; Published on Aug 17, 2011:  My point
MediShield burden
'I suggest a feature similar to the no-claims discount in motor insurance.'
MR LEONG QUEE HIAN: 'I signed up for MediShield when it was launched but in April this year, the Central Provident Fund Board informed me that my insurance cover had expired at the end of March when I reached the age limit of 85 years.
I was very disappointed as I had paid thousand of dollars in premiums over the years. It would be better to have no age limit for people under the scheme. I also suggest a feature similar to the no-claims discount in motor insurance, with a 50 per cent rebate in MediShield premium for not making a health claim in five years. This would make the premium more affordable. The current premium of $1,123 a year is rather high for elderly retirees.'
http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Story/STIStory_702851.html
=================
This letter was mentioned in :
ST23Aug2011: No cover when you need it most

No comments:

Post a Comment